3.4.15

Foundation application with a sponge or a brush?



There are a lot of ways to apply foundation and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. I am not that big fan of the hand application for foundation so i will leave that option out.

The two options i tried and kind of liked are the application with a brush or with a sponge. There are a lot of brush types and also all different kinds of foundation sponges out there. You can say the same thing for the price range. 

One revolutionary new addition to the foundation brushes types out there was the
Foundation Buffer. There is one from Bobbi Brown, Real Techniques, Zoeva and the list goes on and on. I personally own the Zoeva version at the moment but have the Bobbi Brown and the Real Techniques ones on my wishlist. The Zoeva 102 Silk Finish brush is a medium sized buffer brush. It is the perfect size, not too small not too big either. I pour the foundation on the back of my hand and apply dots of foundation on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Then the buffing brush comes into action. I blend the foundation in with circular motions until it is nicely blended into my skin.

The foundation sponge is on the market for a few years now. There is the original Beauty Blender and a lot of dupes from Real Techinques for example and other drugstore brands. I own the Real Technique Compelxion Sponge and i am happy with it. I don't think that there is a huge difference between the different foundation sponges, but if you compared them and know, tell me please. I have used the sponge for complete foundation application by patting the foundation
"dots
" into my skin. I would recommend to soak it under water several times before you use it, because otherwise it doesn't work that great. It leaves you with an airbrushed finish, but i found it hard to blend the edges of the foundation properly. So it's not my favorite for using it simply for the application, but i found a way to incorporate it into my routine. 
First step is blending my foundation in with a buffing brush and then i go over the whole face in dabbing motions with the complexion sponge. It gives you the airbrush skin-like finish the sponge gives, but the edges are nicely blended with the brush before. 
Another thing i like to use the sponge for is blending in liquid concealer. It keeps more of the concealer on my face then the brush does, so i end up with more coverage, which is always good.

I can't say this or that, because i like them both for certain things and for others not. So for me the combination of both gives me the finish i want.

How do you apply your foundation?

No comments :

Post a Comment